Autumn is a critical planting season if you are seeking a spring bloom, however new research from the garden care experts, Miracle-Grow have found that over a third of Brits are missing this window. This is partly because 30% don't know that autumn is a key time of the year for gardening.
· 80% of Brits garden during the spring and summer, missing out on prep for the autumn months
· Only 20% of Brits think their garden needs help in colder months
· Over 75% think autumn is the season to totally leave their garden to its own accord
How can you get started or improve your autumn gardening?
· Start your lawn care, this is can be the easiest to do with lawn food and sow seed, as well as removing any leaves that have fallen onto the garden
· Replace old summer annuals (plants that bloom once then die) with plants such as violas, pansies, wallflowers and cyclamens that will flower in the summer.
· Old plants that have died and leaves make for excellent compost
· Bulbs are an excellent choice to add colour to the garden, and also cheaper to buy that can be planted in the autumn that require little maintenance till spring
We stock a variety of products to help you with your plants and lawn, including the following
- Liquid Seaweed concentrate 1L- £6.00
- Multi -purpose feed concentrate 1L- £5.50
- All purpose liquid plant food 1L- £7.80
(All prices are correct at the time of publishing, phone our stores to check availability)
For more information, our source is below